The commissioning process is a discipleship method used at PowerHouse Church to facilitate the growth of believers in order to develop them into disciple makers. The Word of God says in Matthew 28:19-20 19 Therefore go and make disciples of all nations, baptizing them in the name of the Father and of the Son and of the Holy Spirit, 20 and teaching them to obey everything I have commanded you. And surely I am with you always, to the very end of the age.” So the end result of commissioning is create not just a disciple but a disciple maker. This is accomplished by the process of one on one mentoring, accountability and the completion of the work.
How It Works
1) A candidate would sign up to be commissioned by completing a Letter of Intent. At the point of entry, the candidate will be assigned a mentor. A mentor must be a Commissioned man or woman. The idea here is that you cannot lead people to where you have never been.
2) The mentor and candidate will agree on weekly meeting times that work with both their schedules. The meetings are there to hold the candidate accountable to the Reading and Curriculum Schedule ensuring that the reading and curriculum completion is being done and is on schedule. Also, during these meetings the mentor can help clear up questions and help remove obstacles that are hindering the candidate. These meetings are critical for relationship building and always lead to discipleship opportunities as life is lived and shared.
3) The candidate will follow the schedule to complete 9 books as outlined in the Commissioning Manual. Completing a book means reading it, completing the workbook fill in the blanks and writing an essay from the essay questions in the Commissioning Manual.
4) There are other requirements to qualify to be commissioned outside of just completing the reading and writing. These requirements are outlined in the Commission Manual in the Questionnaire section. Things like serving, encounter attendance and tithing are required actions to qualify to be commissioned.
5) Once the work is completed, we celebrate by awarding the men a sword and the women a shield for completing the process. The process usually takes at least 1 year to complete. If you are interested in this process, please click the link below and fill out the form. We will be glad to answer any questions and help you get started.